Contec, Inc. (“Company”), takes its customers’ and web site users’ (“User”) on-line security and privacy seriously, so the Company makes reasonable efforts as described below to ensure its Users’ confidence and protect their on-line security and privacy.
- Types of Information Collected.
a. Traffic Data Collected. The Company automatically tracks and collects the following information when the User visits the Company’s web sites (“Web Sites”), including the User’s: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; (iv) type of web browser; (v) pages visited and duration; and (vi) search terms used to access the Web Sites (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify the User but is helpful in the Company’s efforts to improve the User’s experience on the Web Site. The Company may also use “cookies,” which are small data files that may be stored on the User’s computer by the Web Site.
b. Personal Information Collected. In order for the User to access certain services that the Company may offer via the Web Sites, the Company requires the User to provide information that personally identifies the User (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include name, company name, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other data about the User. If the User communicates with the Company by e-mail or completes online registration forms, surveys or other forms, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
- Uses of Personal Information Collected. By providing Personal Information on the Web Sites, the User is authorizing the Company to use that Personal Information to contact the User regarding the subject matter of the User’s posting. The Company uses Personal Information to respond to requests and inquiries and may use Personal Information to send the User information about the Company, including its affiliates, or products or services, or to otherwise contact the User. The Company may provide User’s Personal Information to third parties providing the Company services related to the Web Sites or the services provided through them, such as web hosting companies, solely for the purposes of the services provided by such third party. Except as may be required by court order, other governmental agency order or other official proceeding, the Company does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Personal Information unless the User provides consent in advance, where such consent must be in writing, which includes by email.
The User may choose not to provide the Company with any Personal Information. In such an event, the User can still access some of the Web Sites; however, the User will not be able to access and use those portions of the Web Sites that require the User’s Personal Information and the Company may not be able to respond to certain inquiries of the User.
- Removing or Changing Personal Information. User may have any Personal Information submitted to Company through the Web Site removed or modified by sending the Company notice of such request through the following link: email@example.com or by sending a written request to the following address:
Web Site Administration
P.O. Box 530
Spartanburg, SC 29304
User’s request must provide the User’s name and the information to be deleted or the modifications to be made. User must include either a telephone number or an email address for the Company’s use in the event of any questions on the instructions provided by User.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact the Company through the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and the address to which you would like the Company to respond and that this is a request pursuant to the User’s California Privacy Rights.
- Links, Downloads and User Privacy. The Web Sites may contain links to other web sites or forms for download and use. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of web sites served by the links and in providing the link the Company does not imply any endorsement, recommendation or approval of such sites. Furthermore, the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party that User submits any download forms containing User’s information. The User accessing any such site or using any downloaded forms does so entirely at the User’s own risk.
- Policies for Children 12 Years Old and Under. Company does not knowingly collect personally identifying information through the Web Sites from children 12 and under. Company encourages parents to take an active role to protect the privacy of their children and to prevent inappropriate uses of information about their children. Parents should instruct their children never to provide their real names or any other identifying information on the web without first getting permission.
- General Internet Security Issues. The Internet is not a secure environment for the transmission of data. User is aware of the general security and on-line privacy risks pertaining to the Internet and that the Company is not in any way responsible for and has no control over the Internet generally.
Effective Date: October 18, 2018